I find total body circuit workouts to be the most efficient way to workout- you get strength and cardio at the same time. You will work all the major muscle groups in this circuit which will be a great calorie burner. These workouts are also boredom busters- no move lasts more than about 1 minute. The total circuit takes about 10 min.; although it may take a few minutes longer at first until you get the routine down. As you progress I recommend going through the circuit 3 times for best results. Now get busy!
Total body #1
circuit #1 Reps
1. Lunge with lateral raise – alternating legs 12
2. Squat with back row 12
3. 30 sec cardio – knees up running in place 30 sec
4. plank 30 sec
1. donkey kicks (weight in bend of leg) 12
2. tricep extension/ static lunge 12
3. 30 sec. cardio – burpees 30 sec.
4. static sideplank 30 sec.
1. sumo squat/upright row 12
3. 30 sec cardio – mountain climbers 30 sec.
3. single leg lower 30 sec.