Like many of you, I will be traveling this Christmas and be without my gym. While a break away from our routine can become an excuse not to exercise, here is a 10 step workout that requires no equipment – just our own body weight- and takes little space.
Complete 2-3 rounds of this workout. You can do these circuits throughout the day to break it up!
1. Warm-up – jog in place 3-5 min. Extra challenge
2. 20 Basic squats Try one legged squats
3. 10 push-ups – get up on those toes for at least a couple! Decline push-ups with feet on a chair
4. 20 burpees
5. Curtsy squat – see video clip for technique http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0_NxLgYJ6w
6. Tricep dips on chair Put your legs straight out instead of bent
7. Knees high jog in place
8. 30 sec basic plank hold Go for a minute or longer!
9. Bicycles – slow and controlled raising shoulder blade off floor
10. 30 Sec side plank each side Stack feet instead of knee down
Don’t give up during these last weeks of December! You still need to take care of your body and you will be ahead of the game come January!