There are some key foods that help fight the belly bulge. Eating these foods on a regular basis truly helps my stomach stay flatter and less prone to bloating. I try to eat 5-6 small meals a day when my schedule allows which also helps regulate my blood sugar and keeps the cravings away. Here are some of my favorites I eat a lot!
1. PB&B – peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole grain bread and drizzled with honey. Make sure to get natural PB . The ingredient list should only be peanut butter and maybe a little salt. The others have a bunch of added palm oil and other oils.
2. Yogurt parfait – Greek yogurt with fresh fruit (strawberries and pineapple are my favorites), almonds and a drizzle of honey. Sometimes I throw in a tsp of ground flaxseed if I have it on hand.
3. Hummus and baby carrots: There are so many types of hummus out there you are bound to find one you like.This is really the only way I can eat carrots since they are my least favorite vegetable ;).
4. Chicken and veggie stir fry: This one takes a little bit more prep, so I make enough to munch on for lunch/dinner throughout the week. Add in some brown rice or quinoa to get some whole grains in.
5. Dark chocolate – It may not seem like a flat belly food, but it keeps those sugar cravings down. One piece after lunch and dinner is satisfying without blowing your workout away.
Other great foods for a flat belly are beans, all fruits and vegetables, low fat
dairy, lean grilled meats and fish. I see a definite difference in the way my stomach looks and feels when I eat these foods. Processed boxed foods or high sugar/ fat foods really do affect our belly even right after we consume them making us feel sluggish and heavy. A consistent diet based on these healthy foods will give us a flat stomach and more energy!